With the weather turning colder, much colder, I am favouring more carby dishes and particularly ones with a bit of spice. Ian and I love chilli in our food, so this healthy pasta dish satisfies both the craving for carbs and the need for some heat! It’s a really quick dish too, it will take no more than 20 minutes to get it on the table.
for 2 people
2tbsp sunflower oil
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
400g can chopped tomatoes
100ml white wine
small bunch fresh basil, chopped
200g dried rigatoni
120g fresh baby spinach
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onions, garlic and chill for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. In the meantime cook the rigatoni as per the packet instructions.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, basil and wine to the frying pan and stir. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the spinach to the frying pan and cook until it is just wilted.
5. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the frying pan. Stir to combine and serve!
What are your favourite dishes in the colder months?