Welcome to Happy Days! Katy and I host this linky with the purpose of inspiring you to make the most of each day, no matter what you've been up to, and to find happiness in every day. It's where I share the little moments that have brought me joy.
Happy new year everyone! After a little break over Christmas we are back with the first Happy Days linky of 2017. This week has been a weird one with getting used to the early starts and school runs again, but it's nice to have a bit of a routine back in our lives. I can't wait to read your posts and look forward to you all joining in again this year! Remember, any happy post can be linked up - it doesn't have to be a gratitude list like Katy and I do.Here's what has made me happy recently
• Christmas! Although it feels like forever ago now. We had a quiet Christmas spent mostly at home. It was nice to have Ian about a bit more, but obviously there was no relaxing for me as my workload suddenly increased with double the number of people at home every day! The boys love their Christmas Eve bag (no box as I literally decided to do it two days before!), were thrilled to find stockings on their beds and of course loved all of their gifts. My tree has been covered in lots of decorations made by Little N at nursery school which I will treasure forever!
• J has been asking for "ub" and "kih", which is toddler talk for hug and kiss. It is the cutest thing in the world and I love it, even if he does slobber all over me with his kisses.
• Little N is almost swimming on his own, with the aid of a pool noodle! Considering he was such a nervous wreck when he first started he has come on leaps and bounds with his lessons. Switching him from group lessons to one-to-one tuition was definitely the right decision.
• New coat. You might have seen me mention on Twitter that I had ordered a maternity coat, only for it to look like I was rolled up in a rug when I tried it on. Sad times. Well, I found another in the H&M sale, reduced from £49.99 to £12.49. If that wasn't enough of a bargain I had a code for a 25% discount and free delivery. And it looks alright on me! I'm really loving maternity wear at the moment, as you might have noticed in my Mama Style posts recently!
• Rogue One. Ian and I had a rare date day and went to see the new Star Wars movie. We both loved it and it was nice to have some time for us.
• Liquid eyeliner. I am embracing the black flicks again and am actually doing an alright job at applying it now. It's only taken me to the age of 34 to get the hang of it!
• A surprise. My Nanna sent me a text to say she is planning to send me to Champneys for the day. A day. All to myself. Being pampered. How amazing is that! I am very lucky to have such a lovely Nanna in my life.
I hope your new year has got off to a great start! Have a lovely weekend!
Share the linky love by commenting on other posts, and don't forget to comment on this post and Katy's, too!
If you share your post on Twitter and mention @QFSheSaid and @WhatKatySaidUK and #HappyDaysLinky we will retweet you.