This month's Bostik Blogger box had an Easter theme. Easter falls pretty early this year, on 27th March, and I've come up with a really simple and quick craft idea using pipe cleaners and pom poms that your toddler or preschooler will love. As I write this post I can hear Little N downstairs playing with his finger puppets and singing "Old MacDonald" - cuuuute!
We made two bunny finger puppets and one chick. To make these you will need:
- Bostik Fast Tak
- 3 large pom poms
- 2 small pom poms
- 5 pipe cleaners
- 1 small triangle of foam (very small, for the chick's beak!)
- 3 sets of googly eyes
Making the finger puppets is really straight forward and only takes a few minutes to make each one. The Bostik Fast Tak is very sticky so that part is definitely a job for the adults, and it's best to use it in a well-ventilated area. The key with the Fast Tak is to use is sparingly!
Here's how we made the finger puppets:
- Wind the pipe cleaners around your finger to make them into spirals.
- Spray a small amount of Bostik Fast Tak on one end of the pipe cleaner and press firmly onto a large pom pom.
- Spray a small amount of Fast Tak on to the small pom poms (for the bunny's nose) or the back of the foam (for the chick's beak) and stick them to the large pom pom.
- Stick the googly eyes onto the large pom pom.
- To make the bunny's ears, take a pipe cleaner and fold it up and down to make an "M" shape. Spray a small amount of Fast Tak to the bottom and press firmly onto the large pom pom.
- Once the glue has dried, which takes minutes, your Easter themed pipe cleaner finger puppets are ready to be played with!
What other Easter craft activities should we try?
*With thanks to Bostik for providing the craft materials