Baby N & I have been enjoying mangoes this summer, they have become a favourite since he started weaning. I was looking for ideas for using mango in a salad and read that it works really well with seafood. We thought why not push the boat out and try lobster! It’s the first time I have ever cooked lobster myself; although this recipe only uses the tail I still felt a little squeamish when handling it raw. It was worth persevering though as it was so incredibly delicious.
Mangoes are such slippery little rascals and I always find them a total pain to cut. Fortunately OXO have come to my rescue with their amazing Mango Splitter from their Good Grips range. It now takes me mere seconds and I’m left with two perfect mango halves. Best invention ever!
For 2 people you need:
- 1 raw lobster tail
- 1 lime
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- half a mango, finely chopped
- bag of watercress, rocket & spinach (the bag I used was 85g)
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the lobster tail in a pan of boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- Place the shallot, tomato, chilli, mango, radish, salad leaves in a bowl.
- Mix the lime juice and olive oil together, drizzle over the salad and toss together.
- Cut the lobster tail in half lengthways.
- Plate up your salad and place a lobster half on each.
Disclosure: I received the OXO Good Grips Mango Splitter for free, however all thoughts and opinion remain my own and I think it’s amazing!