Last month I decided to start sharing what I got in my Birchbox again. Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service which I have been getting for years and years now. It is my little treat, especially as since becoming a mum I rarely think to buy or do anything for myself! It's always exciting when my latest box arrives, so if you want to know what skincare, make-up and bodycare products I received in January's Birchbox then read on.
If you don't know what Birchbox is, it's a beauty subscription box that arrives monthly. It costs £10.00 plus P&P and you get a good 5 or 6 beauty samples every month. Usually, at least one sample will be full sized, and there is always a little magazine with advice and tips. Often there will be bonus gifts inside and sometimes discounts and offers for other services.
I have discovered countless new brands and products over the years, many of which have become staples in my beauty routine so I am always excited when it's delivery time! You also receive Birchpoints with each monthly box and on any purchases made through the online shop, as well as by giving feedback on your box, and those points can then be redeemed online!
In my January Birchbox I received one make-up product, two skincare products and two bodycare product. Two of the products are full-sized. Here's what I got:
• Lord & Berry Conceal-It Crayon in Beige This is a full-size product and as I do use concealer a lot - got to hide these dark circles somehow! - I was happy to see this in my box. I've not tried it yet, but apparently it's also great for using as a highlighter as well.
• Merci Handy Hand Cream At any other time of year I would be a bit meh about receiving a hand cream but during winter I get through a lot and I have just finished my last tube, so great timing Birchbox! This is full-sized tube in the Cherie Cherry fragrance, which I was surprised to discover smells nothing like cherries and is more like a floral scent. It's lovely though and absorbs super quick.
• NUXE Huile Prodigieuse I'm sure this has been in Birchbox before, as I know I have had samples of it in the past. I do love it, it smells amazing. It's a multi-purpose dry oil that can be used on your face, body or hair. Personally, I love it on my body and the scent is divine. The sample is 10ml.
• MONUSpa Rosewood Reviving Mist MONU is one of my favourite spa brands, they have amazing facial products so I was pleased to see this included. The mist is soothing, brightening and nourishing so I think will make a great addition to my bedtime skincare routine. The sample is a 40ml bottle.
• Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream This sounds nice enough, it's made with lots of natural ingredients, is non-drying and is said to leave skin feeling moisturised, but I just can't get excited about a shaving cream. Sorry! It's a good thing that all the other products in this month's box are so fabulous! The sample is a 22ml tube.
If you like the look of Birchbox and would like to give it a try, you can get £5 off your first box by using my referal link: https://www.birchbox.co.uk/invite/SianG. Do let me know if you join, I'd love to know what you think!