For years, I used to share what I received in my Birchbox beauty box every month but for some reason I stopped doing it. I don't know why because I still get them and still love them as much as ever! It is my little treat to myself each month, and I thought I would start sharing the contents with you again. So, if you'd like to know what I received in my December Birchbox then do read on!
If you don't know what Birchbox is, it's a beauty subscription box that arrives monthly. It costs £10.00 plus P&P and you get a good 5 or 6 beauty samples every month. Usually, at least one sample will be full sized, and there is always a little magazine with advice and tips. Often there will be bonus gifts inside and sometimes discounts and offers for other services.
I have discovered countless new brands and products over the years, many of which have become staples in my beauty routine so I am always excited when it's delivery time! You also receive Birchpoints with each monthly box as well as on any purchases made through the online shop which can then be redeemed online!
In my December Birchbox I received two make-up products, two skincare products and one haircare product. Here's what I got:
• Ciate London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner in Black This is a full-size product and I was really pleased to receive it this month as I was about to buy a liquid eyeliner! I've been using kohl but for winter I want the really defined look that only a liquid liner can achieve.
• Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara in Black This is sample sized, but at 3ml it's a really decent sized sample. I was browsing mascaras in Boots the other day and noticed some were only 4ml for a full-sized one! I love Bobbi Brown for foundation but have never tried any of their mascaras so I'm looking forward to using it. Mascara is my make-up must-have!
• Benefit The POREfessional Lots of people love and rave about this product; while it's not one I love I don't particularly loathe it either. I'm sure it will come in handy for keeping me shine-free over Christmas. The tube is a 7.5ml sample.
• Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm The tube is a really generous 30ml size and it is a multi-tasking product that can be used on damp hair before using styling products or dry hair for definition.
• dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion This little 7.5g tube will probably only last one or two uses. It's dubbed a "powerhouse exfoliator" and will unclog pores, even skin tone and leave skin with a brighter finish. I'm excited to use this one!
If you like the look of Birchbox and would like to give it a try, you can get £5 off your first box by using my referal link: https://www.birchbox.co.uk/invite/SianG. Do let me know if you join, I'd love to know what you think!