Welcome to Happy Days! Katy and I host this linky with the purpose of inspiring you to make the most of each day, no matter what you've been up to, and to find happiness in every day. It's where I share the little moments that have brought me joy.
This weekend could not have come quicker! Our wifi hasn't worked properly for months, and this week it has not worked at all. A blogger's worst nightmare! Three weeks ago we had an engineer out who said the cable in the street is broken, but they had no engineers available to fix it until 20th August. Today is finally the day!
Here's what has made me happy this week
• Being off grid. It's amazing how much more you can get done when you don't have your phone constantly buzzing and bleeping away. I should switch off more often!
• Japanese food. We didn't make it to the cinema on Sunday as Ian was put off by negative reviews of Suicide Squad. Instead we went to Kazoku, a new Japanese restaurant in Hitchin. We'd gotten takeaway from there earlier in the week and loved it and couldn't wait to go back for more. It's so good; if you're in the area you must visit!
• Swimming. It's been a long slog with Little N's swimming lessons. He lacked confidence to begin with, and now he is just so up and down each week. He has had two private lessons over the past two weeks and the difference it has made is incredible! On Thursday he got in the pool with me and said "hold my hands mummy" and then started to swim!
• JJ's speech. He can say "there, mama, nanna, yes, no, down, dada, oh dear" Ummm I can't think of anymore, but he is learning more each day. I feel like we've been waiting for ages for him to start to talk but knew that when he did start it would snowball!
• Time with friends. I caught up with my friend and her son at an outside play session. We'd not seen each other in a few weeks as we'd both been on our holidays. I also caught up with my group of mummy mates and our kids. We took picnics to the nearby fields and the kids were let loose with their balance bikes and scooters. Little N has definitely outgrown his scooter now, I must get him a new one soon!
I shall be spending my weekend waiting in for the Internet engineer and then catching up with everything! What are your plans?
Share the linky love by commenting on other posts, and don't forget to comment on this post and Katy's, too!
If you share your post on Twitter and mention @QFSheSaid and @WhatKatySaidUK and #HappyDaysLinky we will retweet you.