Welcome to Happy Days! Katy and I host this linky with the purpose of inspiring you to make the most of each day, no matter what you've been up to, and to find happiness in every day. It's where I share the little moments that have brought me joy.
I've been a little under the weather this week, which has made the days feel long but the week itself has flown by! How is it already Saturday?! I can't believe we are (almost) halfway through August, and there are only three more weeks until it's back to school time. Three more weeks to cram in as much fun stuff with the children as possible!
Here's what has made me happy this week
- Photos of me and the boys. You guys know that I rarely ever get in front of the camera so there are literally a handful of photos of me and the boys in existence, Well, I was doing a little photo shoot for Petit Bateau and got some really cute photos if I do say so myself. Candid photography is very much my style and it's the first time I've actually got photos like this of us. I might even frame one, I love them so much! Next step: get Ian in the frame, too.
- Busy boys. The children have had a packed schedule this week with two swimming lessons for Little N, accompanying me to the breastfeeding support group I volunteer at, having fun at "the beach" which was a sand and water themed playgroup and a day out with Daddy.
- Mama time. It's not easy to find time to myself, my days feel non-stop and I am always on the go. I had planned to take the boys for an ice-cream sundae at a local dessert place only to find it was closed when we got there. So instead we went to a play cafe - like a normal cafe but family-friendly with a little play area and colouring books. J had a nap, Little N played and I got to enjoy my vanilla frappe in peace. Bliss!
- My little kicker. J started football classes a couple of weeks ago, the same classes that Little N has been doing since he was the same age. Ian tells me he is brilliant! Which doesn't surprise me at all; he has been nifty with a ball since he could walk!
- A new linky. Tomorrow sees the launch of a brand new linky that I am going to be running with Hayley from Sparkles & Stretchmarks. #SundayBest is for any type of blog post and there is no theme, so join us tomorrow to link up!
Last weekend Ian and I didn't manage to get to the cinema, so we're trying again this weekend! What are your plans?
Share the linky love by commenting on other posts, and don't forget to comment on this post and Katy's, too!
If you share your post on Twitter and mention @QFSheSaid and @WhatKatySaidUK and #HappyDaysLinky we will retweet you.