Welcome to Happy Days! Katy and I host this linky with the purpose of inspiring you to make the most of each day, no matter what you've been up to, and to find happiness in every day. It's where I share the little moments that have brought me joy.
I had a break from Happy Days last week as we got caught in lots of traffic coming home from our holiday to Wales and it was too late for me to write a post by the time we eventually got back. I've loved reading all of your happy posts though to see what you've all been up to!
Here's what has made me happy these past couple of weeks
- Our big family holiday. Ian, the boys and I went to the Isle of Wight in June and then last week we went to Bluestone Wales, but this time my two stepchildren came too. It was pretty chaotic and my stepson was in a strop for most of the week - he's 9 going on 15! - but the other children had a lovely time and it was good for Ian to actually switch off from work, something he never does.
- Coming home to a mahussive Peter Rabbit birthday cake from Willows Farm, to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Beatrix Potter. The boys have had cake for breakfast every day! I'm giving away a family day pass to Willows Farm if you'd like to enter here.
- Watching Stranger Things on Netflix. Ian watched it all a few days ago and said it was brilliant, so we watched it again together. It's soooo good. I have been annoying Ian by working out what's going on; I do enjoy unraveling a plot! Do you watch it? The only thing is that it's a really short series, so I will need recommendations on what to watch next. Ideas in the comments box please!
- Catching up with friends. We've been to quite a few toddler groups and mummy meet-ups this week and I've bumped into a few people that I've not seen in ages, so it's lovely to chat and see what they've been up to.
- Hitting 12,000 Instagram photos shared using #MyHappyCapture. Oh it makes me so happy to see them all! Have you checked out July's round-up of favourites yet?
- Courgettes and tomatoes! I came home from holiday expecting that my veggie patch would have withered and died, so you can imagine my delight when I saw that my first little courgettes and tomatoes have appeared.
- New clothes! I adore Joules clothing and I took advantage of the sale and treated myself to a few new gorgeous tops. I rarely buy things for myself so it was nice to spoil myself for a change!
- One of my blog posts went viral, eek! I had a bit of a rant about people frequently assuming I'm a childminder and it seems to have struck a chord with a lot of people. In just one day I had the same amount of traffic to that one blog post as I would have to my entire blog in two weeks. Crazy!
This weekend I'm hoping to go to the cinema with Ian. There are so many amazing movies out at the moment and this weekend we're hoping to see either Ghostbusters or Suicide Squad. I can't wait! Have a great weekend!
Share the linky love by commenting on other posts, and don't forget to comment on this post and Katy's, too!
If you share your post on Twitter and mention @QFSheSaid and @WhatKatySaidUK and #HappyDaysLinky we will retweet you.