Welcome to Happy Days! Katy and I host this linky with the purpose of inspiring you to make the most of each day, no matter what you've been up to, and to find happiness in every day. It's where I share the little moments that have brought me joy.
J's tee is from Polarn O. Pyret
Oh my goodness you guys, where are the weeks going? Last week I mentioned how close it was until the end of term, but I didn't actually realise that next week is the last week! I feel rather emotional about Little N finishing preschool, it's the end of an era and one that was a really big deal as prior to January this year he had never been away from me. Well, apart from when I was giving birth to J. I'm now wondering what I should get as a gift for his wonderful key-worker; let me know if you have any ideas please!
Here's what has made me happy this week
- Summer finally arriving. So far it has felt like we've skipped summer and gone straight into autumn with muggy days and rain every other day. It looks like summer really is here now as we've had some lovely days, not that I want to jinx it or anything!
- J's hair. It's getting kind of long now and he wakes up with the fuzziest blonde mass sprouting out of the back of his head, but I just love it. He's so blonde though, people think I am the childminder when we go to toddler groups. I wonder if he will suit long hair when he's older, as I really don't want to cut it. Ever.
- Taking delivery of our new car. We reviewed the Peugeot 5008 last month and loved it so much that we bought one. You can see what I thought of it in my review post here. Sadly someone smashed one of the windows whilst we were at Little N's swimming lesson which is a bit of a bummer, but we're getting that fixed this weekend.
- Speaking of swimming, Little N had a wonderful lesson this week after a few disastrous ones. It is so hit and miss as to whether he will have a good week or not. I'm sure he would rather not do the classes at all, but I think it's an important life skill so have been persevering!
- #MyHappyCapture, the Instagram community that Katy and I created, reached over 10,000 posts this month. Amazing! Each month we pick our favourite photos and you can see my June favourites here.
- One of my blog posts was featured on the Mumsnet Bloggers Network front page. I had a bit of a rant about why I won't smack my children, despite other people telling me that I should. What do you think?
- Little N had a nursery visit on Thursday and absolutely loved it. They have a rather big sandpit outside, and when he saw it he ran over shouting "oh my god, it's enormous!" which made me and the other parents laugh. He also drew a stick person which was the first time I'd ever seen him draw one. I was really pleased to see that most of the children starting nursery are from Little N's current preschool so there will be lots of familiar faces come September.
I've actually written this post on Thursday evening rather than Friday, because we're off out on a date night. It's one year until we get married so we're going out for dinner without the children - something we have never done since Little N was born nearly four years ago!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Share the linky love by commenting on other posts, and don't forget to comment on this post and Katy's, too!
If you share your post on Twitter and mention @QFSheSaid and @WhatKatySaidUK and #HappyDaysLinky we will retweet you.