Welcome to Happy Days! Katy and I host this linky with the purpose of inspiring you to make the most of each day, no matter what you've been up to, and to find happiness in every day. It's where I share the little moments that have brought me joy.
So that's it, school is officially out for the summer! Little N had his final day at preschool yesterday and I sobbed like a baby when I picked him up. Talk about embarrassing mum! It's such a big milestone though isn't it? Tell me I'm not the only mum to have cried at the end of term!
Here's what has made me happy this week
- A date night with Ian. Our first in almost four years, can you believe that! We went to a lovely gastro pub kind of place in one of the local villages and had a wonderful time. I had a few gins, and we had a lot of giggles. We've also decided that we want to have our wedding reception there, so that's another thing to be happy about!
- On Saturday Ian was away with the Beavers for camp, so the boys and I headed to Bedford for the River Festival. Oh my days, it is brilliant! It was huge, spread through the town along the river banks. There was lots of great stalls, rides, awesome things to eat and of course brilliant live music. Entry was free but I spent a small fortune on candy floss, hook a duck, rides and slushies. It was a fantastic day out, just a shame I didn't take any photos to show you - I was too paranoid about losing one of the children to take the camera out!
- Little N has been playing with one of my old cameras. He has been taking some brilliant photos, and lots of his fingertips too, haha! For a three year old he has a surprisingly good eye, I will have to share some of his shots on the blog.
- Talking of photos, I've had so many compliments and messages about my photos recently. I'm most definitely an amateur but to have someone offer to pay me to do a shoot is amaaaaazing.
- I've been having a blast with the boys this week and making the most of this utterly gorgeous weather. We've been to Wrest Park for a picnic (watch out for a post on that soon), we've had the paddling pool out in the garden, we've been to the new splash park in town and we've had lots of fun chasing bubbles.
- An old post of mine seems to be doing the rounds again. It's one I wrote last year about my feelings for my post-baby body, it's about turning negativity into positivity. I'd love you to check it out here.
Once again we've got a busy weekend ahead. I'm going out for dinner tonight to celebrate my friend's birthday, tomorrow J starts football classes and on Sunday the boys have a birthday party to go to. It's all go here!
Share the linky love by commenting on other posts, and don't forget to comment on this post and Katy's, too!
If you share your post on Twitter and mention @QFSheSaid and @WhatKatySaidUK and #HappyDaysLinky we will retweet you.