Welcome to Happy Days! Katy and I host this linky with the purpose of inspiring you to make the most of each day, no matter what you've been up to, and to find happiness in every day. It's where I share the little moments that have brought me joy.
"Happiness isn't something you experience: it's something you remember."
This week has been really tough and very stressful, with two poorly children, my Nan's funeral and a car accident, so I haven't taken many photos. I've taken about two! Even so, there have been happy moments and it's good to focus on those, and find the sunshine even on the cloudiest of days.
- The boys had a busy weekend with not one but two birthday parties! One of them had a bouncy castle which Little N loved and I will treasure the look on his face as he went flying up into the air with each bounce.
- I treated myself to some awesome new socks. I don't like plain socks, I like stripes and silly pictures and animals. I got three pairs from New Look with foxes, dinosaurs and donuts. I just spotted some hot dog and chips ones which I now need.
- Nan's funeral service was beautiful. It was lovely to see lots of old photos and hear all about her life. I'm one of her eleven great grandchildren, and my boys are two of her six great-great grandchildren, how amazing is that.
- I saw lots of family members that I haven't in years at Nan's funeral too, it was great to see them, but I just wish it was for a happier reason.
- My friends have been amazing this week. With Little N being so poorly I have struggled to get out of the house with him, but one of my wonderful friends went to town, twice, to collect his prescriptions for me. And another friend, who is a nurse, has been constantly reassuring me but also encouraged me to go back to the GP which I'm glad I did as it turned out he needed more medication.
- We had a cheeky mid-week curry thanks to the in-laws kindly giving us some money for a takeaway. It meant cooking dinner was one less thing for me to have to worry about this week.
- Being able to hang my washing out in the sunshine to dry brings me so much joy, it is sad how happy this makes me!
- Being at home all week has meant I've had a lot of time with the boys without having to worry about doing the school run. We've done a few crafts and messy play activities. We made a bejeweled dragon's egg and some crowns which will be on the blog soon.
- I don't think a week has gone by this year without me having a vase of fresh flowers at home. This week's choice were some beautiful tulips. The colours make me think of sweets, like rhubard and custards or fruit salads. I love how many of you have picked up this lovely little habit, too!
This weekend is going to be a quiet one I think as Little N is still recovering, but do you know what, a quiet weekend is just what we need. What are your plans?
Share the linky love by commenting on other posts, and don't forget to comment on this post and Katy's, too!
If you share your post on Twitter and mention @QFSheSaid and @WhatKatySaidUK and #HappyDaysLinky we will retweet you.