With six people's laundry to do, it can often feel like a never-ending task. I do actually enjoy doing it, the weirdo that I am. I find it therapeutic and just love the smell of fresh laundry. I still want to be efficient though! Here are my 10 favourite laundry tricks, hacks and tips.
1. Put a laundry basket or hamper in each bedroom. These ones are great for kids and are only £1.20. I used to put everything in one basket in our bedroom, but now the children are older - and there are more of them - it means I won't be picking up clothes from all over the house. Except for Ian's. He leaves his clothes everywhere.
2. Separate your laundry. I sort my laundry by colour: whites, lights and darks, so that whites stay white and colours stay bright. I do separate washes for towels, bed linen and cloth nappies as these are done without fabric softener.
3. If clothes are "clean" dirty - and by that I mean they need a freshen up but they're not grubby or stained - I put them on a quick cycle.
4. And if I need an even quicker wash, my machine has the option to wash a couple of things on a 15 minute cycle! Great for emergency school uniform washes!
5. Bicarbonate of soda, or baking soda if you're in the US, helps whiten whites and removes odours. Add half a cup when you add your detergent. You can buy in bulk for a few quid..
6. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the rinse cycle of your bed linen for a relaxing nighttime scent.
7. Adding a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle will help soften your laundry. Great for towels!
8. If you line dry your clothes, give them a shake before hanging to reduce the creases and make ironing easier.
9. Speaking of line drying, hanging your clothes in sunlight will get rid of most stains. Honestly!
Hotpoint's Smart+ Washing Machine brings high level efficiency and performance to your laundry routine with its spacious drum, A+++ energy rating and ability to remove over 100 stains at just 20 degrees!
What are your best laundry tips, tricks and hacks?
*This is a collaborative post with Hotpoint. Quite Frankly She Said is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk