I don’t know about you but during the winter months I really struggle to drink enough water. The temptation of warming up with a hot cup of tea or coffee is far more appealing than the thought of swigging a cold glass of water. During winter dehydration can cause dry skin, chapped lips, tiredness, headaches and coughs so it’s really important to make sure you get enough H2O.
Robinsons have created a selection of seasonal recipes using their range of eleven delicious real fruit squash flavours to inspire us all to drink more water this winter, and my family and I have been trying them out. Here are my two favourite recipes to keep you hydrated AND warm through the colder season, with no added sugar! Yum!
You’ll need: Robinsons Orange, 4 cloves, 1 orange sliced, ground ginger
1. Pierce 4 of the orange slices with a clove.
2. Put 200ml of Robinsons Orange and a pinch of ground ginger into a jug and top up with 600ml of warm water from the kettle.
3. Allow the flavours to infuse for a few minutes before serving with the slices of orange.
MULLED APPLE & BLACKCURRANT
You’ll need: Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant, 4 cloves, 4 black peppercorns, 2 star anise, 4 cinnamon sticks, ground allspice
1. In a pan dilute 200ml Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant with 800ml water.
2. Add the cloves, peppercorns, star anise and 1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice and warm gently for 3 minutes.
3. Leave to infuse for 3 minutes before serving with a cinnamon stick to stir with.
What’s your favourite way to stay hydrated?
*This is a collaborative post with Robinsons